The Pear Tree is a site of historic significance. It is named in remembrance of early settler and missionary Samuel Marsden who first landed at the Stone Store basin. He later bought the first apple and pear trees to New Zealand, one of which he planted in the front garden in 1819. The tree still remains there today and is the oldest specimen of its kind in the country.
Also on the property is the original Blacksmith’s forge. Like the original Pear Tree in the garden, this building is protected. Its’ old world charm makes it the perfect backdrop for photographs and it can also be hired out for private functions.
How to Find Us
To find The Pear Tree Restaurant and Bar, head North-East on Kerikeri Road. Go through one roundabout and keep going, the Restaurant will be on the right. Find us on Google Maps